I’m excited to share this update from Katie and Andrew below about summer camp! They’ve taken on summer camp for our kiddos as their own separate entity (not part of enGender or Rainbow Families). We are all excited!!!
CAMP. IS. ON.
Dear Parents and Family of our hugely loved campers!
See the introductory video!!
We’re sure you’ve heard all the rumblings of us trying to pull camp together after we all got the news of enGender disbanding, and we are excited to tell you that YES! Camp will be happening again this year in all its sparkly, sidewalk chalk, kite flying glory!
We are still hammering out some last logistics, but here are the important details-
- We have a new name! Camp Indigo! Camp Indigo was chosen in honor of the gender nonconforming flag that uses the color indigo to represent the blurring of binary gender norms and recognizing that we are all on our own unique gender journey.
- In order to really focus our attention on making this great, camp will just be one week this year, and will only be for kids age 4-12 (no teens)
- Camp Indigo runs June 17th-21st, 9 am to 3 pm. There will likely be before/after care for those who need it.
- Camp will be held at Congregation Netivot Shalom (1316 University Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702). This is a great location and is only .4 miles from North Berkeley BART
- The official camp day runs from 9am-3pm. we will set i[ before/after care after assessing people’s needs.
- The price for camp is $400 ($25 less than last years pricing)
- We are committed to offering scholarships to our many families who need them, and we have set a fundraising goal of $10,000 to do just that. If you can donate, please give through our Gofundme site.If you have any ideas or work for a company who might “match” donations, we would love all of the help we can get!
Please let us know if you have any questions/thoughts/ideas. We are so, so excited to get to celebrate your amazing kids in this special space we all help create.